Vegas Elias profile image 30

Why do Catholics indulge in idol worship?

When idol worship is forbidden for Catholics why do they have so many statues in the Church and why do they garland the statues, or light candles in front of them or even pray standing in front of them? Is this not idol worship?

Best Answer Larry Wall says

• Vegas Elias profile image

Vegas Elias 5 years ago

Larry, I respect your feelings but as a Catholic I found no priest or church leader taking pains to explain things to the laity. Many ignorant Catholics at least in India are actually doing idol worship by actually worshiping statues of saints.

ElleBee says

lstCitizen profile image59

lstCitizen says

• Vegas Elias profile image

Vegas Elias 5 years ago

I think bowing down front of idols of saints, lighting candles in front of them, kissing the idols and standing and praying in front of them means worship; I got the idea from what happens in Catholic Churches all over India.

ackman1465 profile image60

ackman1465 says

• lstCitizen profile image

lstCitizen 5 years ago

Better yet: Why are people falsely lead to believe that Catholics indulge in idle worship?