MissMelissaK profile image 87

Have you ever lost it at church, as in you just couldn't stop crying?

Today's sermon touched a nerve in me today. It was about fathers and how important they are in the spiritual development of their children and how they help to shape their children's lives. I was never particularly close to my father (my parents divorced when I was little.) and he believes the Bible is a bunch of fairy tales. Is it painful to see him act this way? Yes, but all I can do is pray that one day he will realized the value of God's Word and how it is more precious than gold. I wonder sometimes what it would be like to be raised by a father who loved and honored the Lord.

heavenbound5511 profile image82

heavenbound5511 says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 4 years ago

Thank you. That was beautiful. Tears are from heaven. They allow our souls to bleed. I definately need to give it to God. Thank you for the gentle reminder.

Efficient Admin profile image93

Efficient Admin says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 4 years ago

Beautifully said. I have a met a few harsh critics in my lifetime but now that I have God confidence versus self confidence, their words don't affect me anymore. I know that God loves me and that I have value because I am his child.

Seek-n-Find profile image88

Jenna Ditsch (Seek-n-Find) says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 4 years ago

That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing. It's amazing how the Holy Spirit moves and flows through our lives with such transforming energy.

daleamy profile image71

daleamy says

• Vegas Elias profile image

Vegas Elias 4 years ago

Yes I have. You can read my comment above. I really do not know. But this does happen when you really connect with the Supreme Soul. It may be repentance, love or just a feeling of ecstasy that some people do cry ceaselessly sometimes in a Church.

Ellana317 profile image83

Ellana317 says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 4 years ago

That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 4 years ago

Sorry to hear that duffsmom. I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. I pray that God gives you the strength to carry forward. God bless you.

Vegas Elias profile image61

Vegas Elias says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 4 years ago

It feels so good after, doesn't it? Almost like you're being freed from some type of bondage. I feel more humble and meek after a good cry, that's for sure.

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 4 years ago

Thnak you. Isn't that the truth? It's the Holy Spirit within you that makes every fiber of your being feel in a way that is beyond one's control. God bless you JThomp42 for the gentle reminder.

rgmg50 says