Eugene Hardy profile image 61

If you were hungry and had no food, would you go to a food bank?

Hate to say it, but it is personal question. Would you do it because you need food, or would you based on some other reason, wait until you get your unemployment check which is in 5 days?

Lisa HW profile image82

Lisa HW says

• Eugene Hardy profile image

Eugene Hardy 5 years ago

As it is, I'm by myself.

It's only five days and I do not think I'll starve to death. So instead of using the little money I had for bus-fare to the food bank I bought oatmeal.

Times like this inspires me to write.

ptosis profile image77

ptosis says

• jonnycomelately profile image

Alan (jonnycomelately) 5 years ago

Yes, I helped out at a Christmas Day free lunch for the "down-and-outs" one year. Yet, by the end of it I was literally disgusted at the numbers of families, kids, and everyone who were obviously well off..... there just through laziness!

yeagerinvestments profile image85

yeagerinvestments says

• Eugene Hardy profile image

Eugene Hardy 5 years ago

Just got back.

I looked at my bus fare, then I looked at the list of food banks, and decided to buy cheap oatmeal and sugar. I'm by myself, but I have done the food banks before for my family.

Today I keep my pride....

bethperry profile image89

Beth Perry (bethperry) says

Li Galo profile image86

Li Galo says

• Eugene Hardy profile image

Eugene Hardy 5 years ago

I found that it is a deeply personal experience, and that I had to do what would help me feel better about myself, so I walked to my nearest supermarket and used the bus-fare I would have used to get to a food bank and back.

Ciel Clark profile image80

Ciel Clark says

• Eugene Hardy profile image

Eugene Hardy 5 years ago

Thanks! As soon as my check gets here I'll buy a bigger box of oatmeal, with fixings for salads.

sethpowers profile image79

sethpowers says

• stanwshura profile image

stanwshura 5 years ago

Seriously not raggin' on you, but I think you just called yourself irrational! No shame in going (true), but you'd sooner starve than go to one? Not sure I understand.

whonunuwho profile image83

whonunuwho says

stanwshura profile image70

stanwshura says

backporchstories profile image85

backporchstories says

• Eugene Hardy profile image

Eugene Hardy 5 years ago

I made the call to a food bank this morning.

For myself I had a dilemma: use my bus-fare to get food from a food bank that might turn me away or buy oatmeal and hang on for 5 days.

I hope to never make that decision again.

onegoodwoman profile image82

onegoodwoman says