Mikio profile image 90

Is it possible to be highly educated in science and still be an Evangelical Christian?

I just went to see my doctor and learned that she is an Evangelical Christian. My immediate reaction was: Huh? Although I didn't say it out loud to her, I mumbled to myself: How is this possible? You're smart enough to be an M.D. but follow the doctrine of Evangelical Christianity? I always thought that only science illiterate people became evangelical Christians. What is going on?

GodTalk profile image86

Jeff Shirley (GodTalk) says

• GodTalk profile image

Jeff Shirley (GodTalk) 5 years ago

As far as being educated and also being an evangelical Christian, if you don't think it is possible, then apparently you've never done much research on evangelical Christianity. Some of the most highly educated people that I've met are evangelicals.

Kathleen Cochran profile image84

Kathleen Cochran says

• Mikio profile image

Mikio 5 years ago

I would love to interview your dad.

whonunuwho profile image81

whonunuwho says

• Mikio profile image

Mikio 5 years ago

Thank you for your input. My real question was: How can a scientist embrace a religion (such as Evangelical Christianity) that was founded on miracles? Thomas Jefferson, for example, renounced the traditional Christianity because of it.

Kelly Underwood profile image60

Kelly Underwood says

Hubdooblr says

• Mikio profile image

Mikio 5 years ago

Yes, evangelical means to spread the good news. But, in America, they are conservative Christians who believe in the miracles found in the Bible. To me, that's not very intelligent at all.