kallini2010 profile image 85

Does it seem that people trying to fight animal cruelty lack humanity towards people?

I was asked to sign a petition to save puppies that are used as LIVE BAIT in shark fishing. I DID NOT SIGN. I am against using dogs as LIVE BAIT, as much as I am against shark fishing. The reason I DID NOT sign the petition, however, was that the people who wrote the petition were asking for punishing fishermen by JAILING them for 10 years. The country in question is MEXICO. What I heard about MEXICAN PRISONS is enough for me to say that no LIVING THING including dogs should be there even for a day. How HUMANE or EFFECTIVE this hunger for an EYE-FOR-AN-EYE, a TOOTH-FOR-A-TOOTH?

mikejhca profile image87

Michael H (mikejhca) says

• tlmcgaa70 profile image

tlmcgaa70 4 years ago

just like the fact that it is not GOD sending people to hell but people themselves by the choices they make. their choice to disobey GOD and reject HIM. nice analogy, though you didnt mean it as such, it just made me think of it.

whonunuwho profile image82

whonunuwho says

Faithful Daughter profile image93

Evi Lopez (Faithful Daughter) says

MartieCoetser profile image88

Martie Coetser (MartieCoetser) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

Thank you, Martie, for responding to my call to answer this question. Yes, I think punishment is cruelty in another form. If we don't know how to solve the PROBLEM yet, it does not mean we should cry out for MORE BLOOD.

tlmcgaa70 profile image68

tlmcgaa70 says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

With all due respect, I don't think there is any credibility to speaking of God's behalf. And there is very little humanity in judging - who deserves what and for what...Judgment, thirst for blood, punishment, righteousness is very human, not HUMANE

SandCastles says

anupma profile image66

Dr Anupma Srivastava (anupma) says