joleenbridges profile image 84

Adam and Eve - Truth or Myth?

Do you believe Adam and Eve are real people or allegorical figures. If they are physically true, why or how do you know, and if allegorical, what is the meaning or purpose of the story?

Marsei profile image90

Sue Pratt (Marsei) says

• joleenbridges profile image

Joleen (joleenbridges) 4 years ago

Thanks Marsei - Definitely agree that we are all entitled to our own beliefs. I appreciate you sharing your insight.

cam8510 profile image92

Chris Mills (cam8510) says

• joleenbridges profile image

Joleen (joleenbridges) 4 years ago

Cam 8510 - thank you for your input. So, are you saying that even though you see the framework for other biblical prophecy in this story, you personally do not believe it or find it useful in either myth or physical truth?

• joleenbridges profile image

Joleen (joleenbridges) 4 years ago

Thank you lone77star - Amazing answer. Very comprehensive. I will be looking at your Genesis articles. I find this particular part of the Bible fascinating, historically, methodologically, symbolically, and spiritually. Alot of meat here to chew on!

Emanate Presence profile image86

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) says

• joleenbridges profile image

Joleen (joleenbridges) 4 years ago

Thank you for this insight. I have reserved my thoughts because I was excited to hear from others, but I similar view and might even add that Eve may have even "freed" us by opening the door to paradox and the gift to choose.

KrisL profile image86

KrisL says

• joleenbridges profile image

Joleen (joleenbridges) 4 years ago

Thank you so much KrisL for your views. It is an interesting discussion since this story (either true or mythical) is such a foundation for many religions and spiritual ideals.

nightwork4 profile image60

nightwork4 says

• joleenbridges profile image

Joleen (joleenbridges) 4 years ago

Thank you so much nightwork4. I'm curious to know, is your belief based on personal conclusions or do you share a belief based on a ideology or philosophy that you follow and relate to?

Sinbadsailorman profile image56

Donald Beres Jr (Sinbadsailorman) says

• joleenbridges profile image

Joleen (joleenbridges) 4 years ago

Thank you for your response Sinbadsailorman. Can you tell me (I also took a look at your article link) if you belief is related to a specific teaching, religious ideology, or is it you personal belief? I so appreciate you taking the time to answer.