Quirinus profile image 68

How much work and/or time do we need in relinquishing the ego to see tangible and lasting effects?

• Quirinus profile image

Queirdkus Ω Ibidem (Quirinus) 4 years ago

Thanks for helping with bravery and humility, considering the possibility that the task of relinquishing ego may take a lifetime. Just to add a note, it also takes a lot of self-compassion to not be caught in the ego trying to control ego trap.

janshares profile image87

Janis Leslie Evans (janshares) says

• Quirinus profile image

Yes, empathy and compassion are antidotes. Let me look up Piaget's ideas. It does take a long time to unlearn the ways of the ego. If I remember correctly, I started unlearning since the 90's ha ha. Not quite 40 years yet. Thanks for sharing!

• Quirinus profile image

I can guffaw with you as I recall catching some of my egoic antics. Ego work can have its humorous twist. Maybe it's a lifelong learning experience. Yes, you're lucky! Being conscious/aware/mindful does help. Thanks