IDONO profile image 82

When losing someone close, especially unjustifiably, is there ever really "closure"?

I hear about people finding missing persons; murderers executed, criminals sentenced, etc. Then, I hear family or friends saying it brings closure. Wouldn,t true closure mean the end of the story but also the end of all memory? Are we capable of closure or is it a catch word that sounds good? I understand "moving on" and "keeping going". But closure? Maybe I just don't understand the use of the word in this case or maybe it's just the wrong word. Make me understand.

Best Answer Poetic Fool says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 4 years ago

Your 2 cents went a long way. The analogy of unresolved conflict really gave me a whole new perspective on this. Unresolved issues can haunt you the rest of your life if they stay that way and you helped me understand that. Thank You.

Seeker7 profile image94

Helen Murphy Howell (Seeker7) says

janshares profile image90

Janis Leslie Evans (janshares) says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 4 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss. You're a strong person, but I detect that you would like closure, whatever that is for you. I say that by your words. Rather than accepting his absence, you are living with his absence and that is painful. Hope you find answe

loveofnight profile image80

loveofnight says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 4 years ago

I'm sorry about your son. Your generosity for the sake of others is amazing, but there is a big difference between acceptance and dealing with." Dealing with" is for them ." Acceptance" is for you.

IDONO profile image82

IDONO says

ReneeDC1979 profile image60

Renee' D. Campbell (ReneeDC1979) says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 4 years ago

I agree, but is it possible for the grieving process, with all those emotions you speak of, to begin without closure? I thought closure happened at the beginning or end. Now, I find out it's the middle. It's a bridge from one process to the next.

Junaid Ghani profile image77

Junaid Ghani Durrani (Junaid Ghani) says

paxwill says

Garifalia says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 4 years ago

Yes. I'm glad you asked. Hagred was my son's St. Bernard that left us a couple months ago. Great dog! Gratiously took abuse from 3 young boys without a whimper. All your answers tell me that I should take down that picture. You know, closure. Thx

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 4 years ago

I hope you can find some sort of peace my friend. Just don't let yourself become a third casualty of whatever took your brothers. Resentments only punish you. Be fair to yourself. I know; easy to say. I'm sure you'll find your way in time.