Charlu profile image 85

Is a true spiritual fast water only or juices also, and what is the best way to start and end one?

SidKemp profile image92

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Great information as I need to get rid of some of the caffiene first probably. My goal is to do a physical and spiritual cleansing, and thought that would take more than three days Then once cleansed transcend into a much healthier way of life

Galadriel Arwen profile image81

Galadriel Arwen says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 4 years ago

Good point - water fasts should be done with pure water - and not just carbon-filtered, either! By the way, did you mean "2006" or "2016"?

followthestray profile image94

Samantha Harris (followthestray) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Definitely a point well taken and agree, whereas sometimes we have to lose almost everything, or that which appears so meaningful to gain perspective due to our lack of faith or spirituality. Thank you

vveasey profile image84

vveasey says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

No negative thoughts and staying focused is hard to do sometimes, which is part of the reason I am planning this fast and devotion time.

Gina145 profile image87

Gina145 says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

More answers are never useless and always give different aspects of an answer as well as confirmation of others. Prime example I was unaware the Jewish religion excluded all liquids and for just that information alone I am grateful.

Born2care2001 profile image84

Rev Bruce S Noll HMN (Born2care2001) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

What a fabulous thought to try several and see what works best. It also allows so much more time in spiritual enhancement. Thanks also for the reminder of needing to remember my health issues and being safe. So many great ideas and thoughts here

Neil Sperling profile image86

Neil Sperling says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Thank you, that is my goal and now can see it in a different light as to the cleansing o f the mind. There is just so much info out there as to how, I thought I would ask and see if someone could give some advice who has been through it.

ThompsonPen profile image83

Nicola Thompson (ThompsonPen) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Thank you so much for some very needed information in reference to my fast. I wasn't thinking in reference to the juices giving me energy and for this purpose water will be better, plus a lot of other things you focused on that I need

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Wow! It is definitely a "for" and "truth" search, with a lot in between them both. I'm glad it was dear to your mind and hope that the cigarette and coffee will not be an obstacle.

The water of juices is noted, yet leaning to water only. Thank you

mindyjgirl profile image76

Mindy (mindyjgirl) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

What a great way to devote prayer time for someone in need. Thank you

tlmcgaa70 profile image65

tlmcgaa70 says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Your so right about it being between God and I and a time to become more accessible to receiving the messages I am being given. The juices I think would tend to make me hungry as I wasn't thinking about the sugar content. Thanks for what feels right

CreatePerfection profile image68

CreatePerfection says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

That sounds great and I like the deep breathing exercises, meditation, and prayer. I also like the juices and vegetable broth. Thanks for all the ideas and info.

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Thank you and those are definitely facts that I was unaware of and very informative as far as getting the crap out :)