Charlu profile image 84

Is it possible to hate the sin but love the sinner? If so, is it hard and is there a cut off line?

I've heard so many times to hate the sin, but love the sinner? Do you agree and how hard is it? Being able to love someone who has committed what one would consider an unspeakable act seems almost to be an impossible task for me sometimes, especially when it comes to acts committed against a child or animal. Do you have any advice on how to make this any easier and is there a cut off point?

renegadetory profile image92

Carolyn Dahl (renegadetory) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Thank you and prayer is a great solution, or beginning.

PlanksandNails profile image90

PlanksandNails says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Thank you so much for explaining the differences regarding disobedience, the separation, and making the quote a lot clearer, as well as easier to accomplish, (well hopefully).

Tusitala Tom profile image81

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Wow, great examples Tom and I never thought about it in retrospect to cats and dogs, or children. I guess if they are capable then we/I should be able to find a way :) Thanks

Sherry Hewins profile image94

Sherry Hewins says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Excellent point and very true.

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Hmmmm sounds a little hypocritical to me and yet people do it all the time claiming judgement while still lying, eating pork etc. Thank goodness none of us are perfect.

calynbana profile image85

Christina (calynbana) says

abbykorinnelee profile image76

Abigayle Malchow (abbykorinnelee) says

ReneeDC1979 profile image60

Renee' D. Campbell (ReneeDC1979) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Thanks Renee. Depending on what the sin is most of the time I'm ok, it's just sometimes I find it hard to believe that there are some things that are forgiven.

Lbizzcon says

kathyjones1952@at profile image61

kathyjones1952@at says

Emile R says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Your right none of us have that right, it just seems it's easier with some sins than others

Old Empresario says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

When it comes to most sins I consider myself not only forgiving, but loving also. The problem comes in usually when it comes to the abuse of children and animals, it just makes my hair stand on end especially when it comes to pedophiles.

matama ellie says

• ReneeDC1979 profile image

Renee' D. Campbell (ReneeDC1979) 4 years ago

Matama Ellie - I understand your points - but just because you cut off the point where someone continues to sin and do wrong against you, i don't think that is judging. You are telling them that you will not continue to treat me this way.