backporchstories profile image 86

In sight of forgiveness, does "coming to terms", qualify as the forgiveness in which God ask of us?

Studying forgiveness at church lately and there came this realization, as I was self evaluating. I can say more certain that traumatic events of the past I have come to terms with in my life. Maybe they were God's was of dealing out lessons. I am battling with, can I equate this coming to terms to the same as forgiveness? I carry no more anger, the hurt is scabbed over and I have seen the lessons. Have I forgiven those involved as well as myself by coming to realize things just happen?

SidKemp profile image94

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 4 years ago

And love those who have harmed you. Also be grateful for the gift from God. Only by gratitude can you fully let go.

tsadjatko profile image91

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

• backporchstories profile image

backporchstories 4 years ago

I agree, I have forgiven in general, just the thought came about coming to terms, accepting what had happened and moving on. I still give my heart with warmth to thy enemy....is this the same as forgiveness? I have not vocalized the forgiveness...