Charlu profile image 83

Does it state in the Bible that we are all born in sin, and if so I thought Jesus died for our sins?

OK I was reading in a study Bible study book the other day that stated we are all born in sin. If that is true how is it that Jesus died for all our sins (which lasts forever) and how can a baby be born in sin if they don't even know what it is??? If there is a particular scripture I would appreciate it.

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Thank you for the scriptures and those together with your explanations and several others I am definitely understanding the "born in the flesh. born again", and why it happens this way. Also babies that pass on leave the flesh, not their soul Thanks

samantha stacia profile image77

samantha stacia says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Thank you and babies going to hell was a main question in my mind, but thanks to you and others I've learned that is not the case. As a very wise prophet told me "Take what you need and leave the rest" which is what I do not taking anything to heart

teacherjoe52 profile image55

teacherjoe52 says

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 4 years ago

Beautiful. And yet so many so-called Christians do not know how to receive Christ. They mouth the words, but lack the humility and love to walk the narrow path.

James-wolve profile image64

Tijani Achamlal (James-wolve) says

JThomp42 4 years ago

The verse in Mark meaning that we must humble ourselves as children and look to God for guidance as children look to their parents for guidance.

SwordofManticorE profile image74

SwordofManticorE says

JThomp42 4 years ago

There is no place for Christians disagreeing with Christians. This is not right in the eyes of God.

SeanBrook profile image61

Sean Brookfield (SeanBrook) says

• safiq ali patel profile image

safiq ali patel 4 years ago

Great Answer JT. You've grasped the message loud and clear.

safiq ali patel profile image72

safiq ali patel says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

See that's exactly the problem with most denominations and some carnal Christians. Opposed to trying to help someone get a better understanding of their faith (as JThomp did), or clarification with scriptures they judge rather admit they don't know

Lady Guinevere profile image60

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) says

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 4 years ago

Love ya, Lady G. Good points, but the sin has been in us for millennia. It is the ego we pulled over our spiritual eyes back in the Garden.

I realized only last month that I peeked out from under that blindfold 41 years ago.

Emile R says

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 4 years ago

Emile, fun? That's ego. When did we get ego? Gen. 3!

Yes, we were all born in sin, because we took the forbidden fruit and our immortal selves fell into the Long Sleep of spiritual "death."

Jesus said "reborn of spirit;" no more ego