CertifiedHandy profile image 81

Where did the belief that Israel was God's people when Isaiah 19:25 says differently?

Isaiah 19:25 says - Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance. Where did the idea of God's "chosen people" originate and why is it commonly believed that Israel is God's chosen people, when the scripture referenced says Egypt is God's people.- and Israel His "inheritance" (property).

PlanksandNails profile image89

PlanksandNails says

• CertifiedHandy profile image

Chaplain Bernell Wesley (CertifiedHandy) 4 years ago

@Planks what Millennium are you referring too? If you must reference a Millennium then why not the Millennium of the 18th. Dynasty of Egypt, the Cushities, who were the first to worship the King of the Gods, One God who they called Amen. Rev.3:14

celafoe profile image71

charlie (celafoe) says

Dr. Haddox profile image72

Dr Freddie Haddox (Dr. Haddox) says

• CertifiedHandy profile image

Dr. I'm not looking for a dissertation but an answer to a simple question. If you consider more than I based my question on then you change the question. What you are saying is that since you can't answer the question you can pose another.