jlpark profile image 83

Is it possible to believe in both Creation and Microevolution?

A comment on another question sparked this. Those who believe in Creation often scoff at the idea of Evolution eg we can't be descended from Apes etc..Adam and Eve etc. Yet, someone answered with the idea that they believed in micro-evolution (being the small changes made as things develop in order to survive in changing enviroments (including humans)) and that you couldn't find a Christian who denied that. So I wanna know - I'm an Evolutionist (is that a word?) and an Agnostic so you don't have to convince me. I'm wondering if it's even possible, or is it hypocritical to believe in both?

ChristopherJRex profile image90

ChristopherJRex says

• scottcgruber profile image

scottcgruber 4 years ago

Actually, quite a few forms of life have been whipped up on special order in the modern era of genetic engineering. From mint-scented E. coli to Roundup-Ready corn, we've whipped up a lot of new organisms. But that's just a nitpick...

calynbana profile image84

Christina (calynbana) says

scottcgruber profile image80

scottcgruber says

tussin profile image60

I'M BANNED Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!! (tussin) says

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 4 years ago

Yes, just like the sciences. I talked about this in my essay, "Outsiderness in the Scientific Community."

And "Clovis First" was not the brightest moment in the history of science

gregbeckham profile image58

Greg Beckham (gregbeckham) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 4 years ago

Interesting answer. Thank you. I wanted to hear from someone like yourself, someone who has researched both aspects and is able to combine them in a coherent way instead of denying the possibility of one or the other. Thanks