As a christians is it wrong to be blunt and direct when commenting on Hubs or any other time?

I have no problems being blunt and direct when making my comments on Hubs. There may be some who consider it rude. So if this is true, when Jesus Christ called Scribes and Priests "vipers", was he being blunt or rude?

ReneeDC1979 profile image61

Best Answer Renee' D. Campbell (ReneeDC1979) says

graceinus 4 years ago

Your right. To be honest a person we sometimes need to be blunt or direct to hto help others. We can't or shouldn't surger coat our opinions just to make one feel better. Many thanks ReneeDC1979

jennshealthstore profile image85

Jenn (jennshealthstore) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

Exactly Jennshealtstore, The ego drive the negative, compassion drives the positive. I am lucky, through years of work, when I am mean I laugh at myself. We all know what mean is.

graceinus 4 years ago

Ericdierker- you wisdom continues to impress me. It is always my hope that what comment we read it causes us to think first. I like to think that be blunt and direct is just the rough side of being honest.

SwordofManticorE profile image73

SwordofManticorE says

graceinus 4 years ago

What is this nine fruits of the law. I have not heard of this.

Seanar profile image60

Sean Matthew (Seanar) says

graceinus 4 years ago

I prefer all my comment to be kind in nature, however being blunt and direct is an option I never rule out. There's the right time a place for it. As a christian the most important of any comment is honesty. And you're right, it make sense. Thanks.

snapbackbetty profile image76

Tiera Exum (snapbackbetty) says

graceinus 4 years ago

It's never my intent to belittle anyone in my coments , but at times it may come out sounding like it. And like you said , " even when the truth hurts". And this even applies when it's directed at me. Thanks snapbackbetty.

MrBecher profile image61

MrBecher says

Deepes Mind says

graceinus 4 years ago

Deep Minds- Every opinion, regardless of the subject, is based on belief. It is not always a requirement to have facts or proof for ones opinion.The absent of proof does not make the opinion right or wrong. In many cases opinions are based on faith.

CJ Sledgehammer says

• PlanksandNails profile image

Pn'N (PlanksandNails) 4 years ago

Are you saying that "tickling" is sometimes a better approach to getting your point across? When a feather is wielded, it is definitely a less blunt approach ;)