CertifiedHandy profile image 80

Why was "apostles" added in the New Living Translation (NLT) instead of "witnesses"?

The Bible clearly forbids adding or taking away from scripture. Acts 10:39 has been added to. In the NLT “apostles’ has been added. The KJV reads – “we are witnesses of all things which he did”. The NLT reads – “we apostles are witnesses of all he did”. Adding Apostles changes the meaning. Why was “apostles” added?

JMcFarland profile image88

Julie McFarland (JMcFarland) says

Brandon Tart profile image61

Brandon Heath Tart (Brandon Tart) says

• CertifiedHandy profile image

Chaplain Bernell Wesley (CertifiedHandy) 4 years ago

Acts 1:9-12 records Jesus ascension. John 16:7 says - Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. Hebrews 12:2 and