kallini2010 profile image 86

Sunrise, sunset, can you always tell which is which on an image?

Most people tend to forget that images are open to interpretation. I cannot always tell whether it is sunrise or it is sunset, especially if the image of the sun dominates the shot. Do you agree that what we "see" is not reality, but our perception. Can you tell the difference? This image is only an illustration, it is neither, but only a spectacle.

Lady Wordsmith profile image80

Lady Wordsmith says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

I looked at it again and it looks to me like a sunrise. I think my perception comes from the fact that the shot is done at the angle - from below. Is there is anything more disorienting than words and photography?

Nellieanna profile image83

Nellieanna Hay (Nellieanna) says

• Nellieanna profile image

Nellieanna Hay (Nellieanna) 4 years ago

OOPs again - that is when it's actual. The question was if it's in an image. I sort of sense that. There is a more intense yellow look to sunrises & more subdued, though brilliant purplish look to sunsets.

leroy64 profile image79

Brian L. Powell (leroy64) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

Thank you for answering, I thought nobody would volunteer - too ambiguous! I perceive this image as neither - it seems like the sun is on stage, center stage. But being sure about images? Can we ever be?

freecampingaussie profile image49

freecampingaussie says