The Bible is God's Word, so how is it that most translations have a Copywrite?

So far I have found only one translation (in English) of Bible which does not have a copywrite and that is the King James Version. Other versions are copywrited. So I ask this question, Why would anyone copywright God's Word as if they own it?

SwordofManticorE profile image74

SwordofManticorE says

graceinus 4 years ago

O.K. so I'll asked the question from your view. How can anyone copywrite a book written by men inspired by God? So,basicly it's still the same question.

graceinus 4 years ago

Ericdierker- I realize the bible has veried in translation which is needed for the benifit for all of us. But to copywrite the bible by anyone take's a lot of nerve as far as I'm concerned.

graceinus 4 years ago

duffsmom-I thank you for correction and I apologize for my err. I would think that while writing their particular translations the shouldn't leave out entire verses. Someone mention that Copyright in this case it about version not translation.

Brandi Cooper profile image59

Brandi (Brandi Cooper) says

graceinus 4 years ago

Brandi Cooper- I thank you for your asnwer. Reading other version of the bible I have noted entire verse (many of them) missing compared with the KJV. If one copywrite's a version you would think it would be close to other versions of bibles.