Why would God give us the emotion of fear?

Love can move mountians, but can fear? This is a question I have wondered about many times. Can fear and love be present at the sametime and, if so , under what conditions? Why would God give us both emotions? Did Jesus have the total absence of fear?

Best Answer Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) says

graceinus 4 years ago

Ericdierker- I alway look forward to your wisdom. I have wondered if fear has a direct relationship to sin. Adam was to first man to fear God, if you'll notice in Genesus 3:10. You will note Adam was afraid and hid from God after Adam had sinned.

The Mustache profile image79

The Mustache says

Kathleen Cochran profile image84

Kathleen Cochran says

graceinus 4 years ago

Kathleen Cochran. Yes I do agree with you. But I have also lost count of how many time the bible states "Fear Not". The Book of Daniel, Ezekiel and others mentions it many times when talking to prophets.

OutWest profile image60

OutWest says

graceinus 4 years ago

OutWest- The shortest answer I have ever read regarding a question was "No". With that aside, I do agree that fear protects all of us. But man can also have fear without facing harm. We sometimes fear others will discover our sins.

MickS profile image77

MickS says

graceinus 4 years ago

Mick S Thank you for your answer. But I do believe it's much more than that because it is an emotion given to us by God.

cjpooja26 profile image74

Sakhi Deshmukh (cjpooja26) says

graceinus 4 years ago

cjpooja26- I don't know if fear is that simple of a matter. Fear has been with us since the earliest of time. When the time of man began, I don't think relaxation was on their mind alot.

TerryK81 profile image60

Terry A. Kennedy (TerryK81) says

graceinus 4 years ago

TerryK81- Thanks for your answer. But I do wonder if God created man with the emotion of fear or was fear within us after man had sinned? I would think that while man lived in the Garden of Eden there was nothing to fear.

CynthiAnn profile image61

CynthiAnn says

graceinus 4 years ago

CynthiAnn- I believe Adam had the ability within him to fear. But it may be that he never experience fear until his first sin. This is a guess on my part.

SwordofManticorE profile image74

SwordofManticorE says

graceinus 4 years ago

Genesis 3: 10 (NKJV) states 10 So he said," I heard Your voice in the garden, and was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself". So I ask you, why would Adam fear God.

graceinus 4 years ago

I think that there is fear of other thing than just danger. Such as fear of other s finding out our sins with out risk of physical harm. So could it be there is more than one type of fear?

taburkett profile image60

taburkett says

graceinus 4 years ago

We have what is refered to as Fight or Flight, which is this protective mechanism which you are referring too. It is always present when fear becomes strong. It's what keeps us alive when there's the will to live. It's is in each of us.

Marcus99 profile image60

Is a really great guy (Marcus99) says

graceinus 4 years ago

Marcus99- lol, but I could not agree with you more. You could say fear helps keeps us in check.

Mike Marks profile image79

Mike Marks says

• TerryK81 profile image

Terry A. Kennedy (TerryK81) 4 years ago

MICHAEL??!! JACKSON???!! just kidding; good answer.

Deepes Mind says

graceinus 4 years ago

Thanks Deepes Mind, in the answer and comments with The Mustache it was mentioned there are two types of fear and I think you just described both in your answer. And I must agree that the absence of of fear is not the same as understanding purpose