When and if you dream, do you remember your dreams and, if so, do you dream in color?

I really never remember if I even dream or not. It is rare that I do remember a dream, and if I wake up and think about it, but then when I fall back asleep, I cannot remember any details of said dream. In my lifetime, I only remember two very vivid dreams, one as a child that I had over and over, and another one as an adult, of which I would love an interpretation.

Jackie Lynnley profile image75

Best Answer Jackie Lynnley says

Hi Jackie, thanks for answering. How interesting about your cat!!! That is amazing, and you're right about the subconscious. Appreciate the great answer.

Dreamsinger profile image78

Erin Bradley (Dreamsinger) says

Hi Dreamsinger, thanks so much for the answer. That's just it, I do not remember my dreams, and only remember two in my entire life! But I do dream in color. Thanks for the site. Very interesting. I appreciate your answer.

Anna Haven profile image90

Anna Haven says

Hi Anna Haven, thanks for answering the question! That is a good idea to write it down. I will keep a notepad and pen next to my bedside table, so I will remember the details later, when I do dream, which is rarely nowadays or I don't remember.

Thanks so much for the answer, Iburmaster. I must dream each and every night, but I just do not remember any dreams, unless I wake up and really think hard on them, but when I fall back asleep, I seem to not be able to remember the dream at all.

Maggie Bennett profile image81

Maggie Bennett says

Thanks so much, Maggie, this is helpful. I know I must dream? Every now and then I do remember dreaming, but then forget the whole thing later on. I will try as you have suggested. Thanks so much! Oh, I did not know that about the black & whi

nanderson500 profile image89

nanderson500 says

Hi nanderson500, thanks for answering the question. I rarely remember too unless, as you stated, something out of this world happened, and then I may only remember it for just a minute or two and fall back asleep and then when I wake up it's gone.

twig22bend profile image82

twig22bend says

Hi twig22bend, yes, that has happened to me too, about continuing on with the same dream, but once I wake up for good that day, I cannot remember the details of the dream. Thanks for the answer.

Paul Du profile image60

Paul Du says

Hi Paul Du, wow, I think you are the first one to answer in terms of why one would not remember some dreams. I appreciate the detailed and excellent answer here! Very interesting points to ponder. Thanks so much.

Dusana1234 profile image61

Dusana1234 says

Hi Dusana, that is a good idea, as I would like to remember them, but can only remember two dreams I've ever had in my entire lifetime! Thanks for the great tip and answering the question. Wow, and you can remember the two or three dreams!

Hi duffsmom, that is interesting. Yes, when I know I have had a dream, rarely, and do remember at the time, then the details do fade away quickly. Thanks so much for answering!

dghbrh profile image59

deergha (dghbrh) says

Hi deergha, wow, I wish I was able to remember my dreams, but I do know I do dream in color, as I do remember one dream vividly with a blue chair? I only remember two dreams really my whole life. Thanks for answering!