CrescentSkies profile image 83

What Would You Do If You Were Faced With Completely Irrefutable Evidence That There Was No God?

And I mean completely. As irrefutable as 1+1=2. I asked my friend about this and he had a mini-breakdown so I thought I'd ask you guys. Still not certain if I'm just unsatisfied with his answer or I'm just evil. Or both.

Billie Kelpin profile image90

Best Answer Billie Kelpin says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 4 years ago

An excellent life mission whether or not one believes in a supreme being I'd say :)

IDONO profile image82

IDONO says

MickS profile image77

MickS says

Maggie Bennett profile image80

Maggie Bennett says

nafeelpc profile image59

nafeel ponnankai chiramuttil (nafeelpc) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 4 years ago

Here's the irony, people can't prove God exists or that God doesn't exist - interesting isn't it?

X-Con profile image86

X-Con says

• celafoe profile image

charlie (celafoe) 4 years ago

wise people do not answer stupid hypothetical questions

• CrescentSkies profile image

Michael Ward (CrescentSkies) 4 years ago

Part of the assumption is that you can't question it, that's what irrefutable means. It's so completely convincing that even you yourself cannot reject the logic and evidence. It's a question of how you would respond in that scenario.

LaThing profile image81

LaThing says

Emanate Presence profile image85

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

I'm reminded, by your comment, EP, of a concept Alan Watts put forth in the 70s in "The Book". My best interpretation of that idea is that the WHOLE is God. That intrigues me. I know that's not exactly what you you meant, but it reminded me of it.

edhan profile image61

edhan says

• celafoe profile image

charlie (celafoe) 4 years ago

sorry but buddha is NOT GOD the creator, He was a FALSE god. buddhism has nothing to do with God the creator

Healthy Mike profile image59

Mike Thuo (Healthy Mike) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 4 years ago

Ironically, most atheists would feel the same about the religious - easily swayed. I can assure you I have no weak heart and a deep love for life and humanity, just not a belief in a diety.

"Breaking News"... God does not exist!!80

"Breaking News"... God does not exist!!

• Apostle Jack profile image

Apostle Jack 4 years ago

If that is the case,then we all have inventions.Even the ones without the belief that God exist.They invented there own God.They had to get their ideas from somewhere.

RTalloni profile image87

RTalloni says

• CrescentSkies profile image

Well thanks for not taking offense at the question (like half these people) but that really doesn't answer my question. If you were to gain omnipotence and know there is no god how would you react? Consider it a test of your imagination.

aravindb1982 profile image92

Aravind Balasubramanya (aravindb1982) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

I'd say,"Thank you God. I appreciate this gold medal you placed upon my neck in recognition that my mind actively explored the possibilities of Your existence or non-existence. And yes, God, I DID understand that that was why you gave us intellect.

Sparklea profile image73

Sparklea says

• CrescentSkies profile image

The problem here is that I asked you to objectively consider your reaction if such an event occurred. You respond by taking offense at a hypothetical situation that was obviously not intended for an insult. I pity god.

Mike Marks profile image79

Mike Marks says

• Mike Marks profile image

Mike Marks 4 years ago

well, since no one else is debating my observation, I'll debate it myself... if we choose to be, and are successful at, being kind and peaceful, doesn't that open the door for the psychopaths to take over unopposed? Good question, Mike.

stanwshura profile image66

stanwshura says

• CrescentSkies profile image

This question is in the form of a psychological experiment which means the assumption that you must believe the evidence is critical. If I have to word it like this I will, "What would you do if you suddenly discovered there is no god?"

ahorseback profile image45

ahorseback says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

Why would you assume the person asking the question was a non-believer? There is NOTHING to indicate that this person is a non-believer. He or she may be more devout than any one. To NOT question is disrespectful to creation and to our intellect.

Dame Scribe profile image61

Dame Scribe says

• CrescentSkies profile image

It's not a personal choice -.- the assumption for the hypothetical scenario is something that has to be followed or your answer is just gibberish. Just assume that you were suddenly faced with some weird epiphany that there was no god if that helps.

Apostle Jack profile image61

Apostle Jack says

• CrescentSkies profile image

You're not thinking of this the right way -.- I'm asking that in the scenario you somehow were faced with evidence that you Can No Refute (can't argue against) how would you react. You have to follow the assumption for the scenario.

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

I like your explanation M.T. Dreamer - very astute observation

CrescentSkies profile image83

Michael Ward (CrescentSkies) says

celafoe profile image70

charlie (celafoe) says

• CrescentSkies profile image

If you aren't meant to question or guess then why would God bother giving you a brain? I have a strange feeling god won't care if you think for about 3 seconds on this kind of question.