Why does is seem that the words Testament and Covenant causes confussion for christians?

Why does some bibles use the word Testament for Covenant and vis versa? It seem to me that this creates a great deal of misunderstanding for many christians. Do these two words have the same meaning or not?

celafoe profile image65

Best Answer charlie (celafoe) says

graceinus 4 years ago

celafoe- I agree. Context in which words in the bible are used will most often provide the meaning. But not everyone understand even the context. Thanks--- By the way, I read your Hub "How to study srcipture to find Truth. Great Hub."

BlossomSB profile image93

Bronwen Scott-Branagan (BlossomSB) says

Deborah Sexton says