Ericdierker profile image 78

Can a "real" Christian interpret the Bible without condemnation.

I study and preach and learn about the Bible every single day. I have been involved with church in a lay minister or pastor position for over a decade. And I can seriously say that I can interpret the entire Bible, Catholic or Protestant, and find a loving interpretation to every verse. I can honestly say that I find nothing that tells me I should make decisions regarding damnation.

Disappearinghead profile image88

Best Answer Disappearinghead says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

I see horrible concepts portrayed, but I see them as true. But only as metaphors. Torment and annihilation are real but we cause it for ourselves. The depictions in the Bible are like a great big and loud horn steering us away from harm and toward lo

WalterPoon profile image90

Poon Poi Ming (WalterPoon) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

Very funny thanks for the levity

lifetips123 profile image61

Praveen P.V. Nair (lifetips123) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

Who is we? I can and do. So my question is where did you get the rule: "we cant interpret bible without condemnation"

graceinus says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

I get your point. And I get the point that we say "Living Bible". But it is just a thing. Jesus is the Word. That must be understood. Although divinely inspired the Book is of man. Can we know Jesus with out the book - yes. Can we know the book w/o J

JimTxMiller profile image77

Jim Miller (JimTxMiller) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

Yes you are right I forgot the question mark at the end. But otherwise how could I possibly make it more of a question "can a real Christian interpret the bible without condemnation? "

celafoe profile image74

charlie (celafoe) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

Celafoe, did I tell you about my youth parishioners using apps to check up on what I preach. It is totally cool. Boom, the pastors' sermon is checked against scripture real time. So in order to teach my Gospel of Love, I have to be right on with trut

Lady Guinevere profile image61

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

Thank you, that was really nice, I know it sounds pop psychology but your comment let me feel validated.

Emily Sparks says

• Disappearinghead profile image

Disappearinghead 4 years ago

Emily you are just repeating a throw away line. Ditch the flawed KJV and look at a concordance. Count up the uses of heaven and Gehenna and you will see for yourself the truth. Gehena is not hell it is the Ben Hinnom valley.

taburkett profile image60

taburkett says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

And you have the heart of a warrior and a healer. I am proud you joined us here. Your sentiment so the appreciation our country should have of you.

KristinaHinkle says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

But you are not saying if have to read and decide for others are you? It would seem that for me I do not need to worry about it period. But does the Bible instruct me to worry about it for others?