Is sparing one feelings a good reason to lie to someone or do you tell them the truth regardless?

I believe this is a question we have all faced at some point time. It is most likely the most common kind of lie people tell (to spare one's feelings). And for many people this kind of lying is directed towards those we love the most. Is sparing someone's feeling a good reason? Or do you tell people the truth regardless.

celafoe profile image68

Best Answer charlie (celafoe) says

graceinus 4 years ago

celafoe- My Dad had a saying that goes like this:

"It is far better to tell the truth and earn their respect, than to lie and keep a seceret.

Thanks celafoe

ketage profile image86

ketage says

graceinus 4 years ago

ketage- You are right , it best always to say the truth even if it hurts. Many thanks for your answer

snapbackbetty profile image77

Tiera Exum (snapbackbetty) says

graceinus 4 years ago

snapbackbetty- I agree, truth should always be told. If a lie is discovered, the pain an a result usually cuts deeper. God bless

Rev. Akins profile image83

Rev. Akins says

graceinus 4 years ago

Rev. Akins- I like your answer and many thanks

stanwshura profile image67

stanwshura says

graceinus 4 years ago

stanwshura- I thank you for your answer

blessedp profile image66

blessedp says

graceinus 4 years ago

blessedp- it seem so far that most agree that the truth is always the best answer. Thank you for your answer.