What is the difference between God hating something and man hating something?

What exactly does God hate? What and were does God draw the line on what is and is not to be hated? I know God hate's sin, but is there anything else He hates? Is man suppose to hate anything?

PlanksandNails profile image85

Best Answer PlanksandNails says

graceinus 4 years ago

PlanksandNails- I believe you are right. It is a paradox. I think that for us trying to understand His emotions, ie love, hate joy and so on is far beyound our reach. We simplely can not know the mind of God. Thank you.

Jeff Berndt profile image86

Jeff Berndt says

Porshadoxus profile image79

Porshadoxus says

graceinus 4 years ago

Porshadoxus- Many thanks for your answer and many blessings.

graceinus 4 years ago

manatita44- I will quote from Roman 9: 13 (NKJV) 13 As it is writen;" Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."- This veres is a quote of the Lord in Malachi 1:2-3. -, manatita on this one point it's clear God does hate. Thanks for your answer.

ii3rittles profile image85

ii3rittles says

graceinus 4 years ago

ii3rittles- I thank you very much for your answer.

Jason Posivio profile image59

Jason Posivio says

graceinus 3 years ago

Jason- Thank you for your well thought out answer. Blessings

graceinus 4 years ago

JTomps42-Thank you for your answer. I am aware of God's love for all of us. But my initial question is what else other than sin does God hate? We are to love everyone according to God's word. Is hate reserved only for God when it comes to hating sin?

Rayne123 says

graceinus 4 years ago

Rayne123- Thank you for your answer., But I wish to ask you one questions. We know that God hates sin, so does that mean hating sin is good?