Have you ever wonder why Jesus was limited to only 3 1/2 years for his earthly ministry?

When one understands the four Gospel's it clear that Jesus knew exactly how much time he had to minister on the Kingdom of God. He was limited on how much time he would have on this earth. As if He knew down to the exact minate when he would died on the cross. He minstered until His dying breath; " Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." So, can only one explain why He was given only 3 1/2 years?

Best Answer JThomp42 says

graceinus 3 years ago

JThomps42- As always thank you for your answer. God Bless

SidKemp profile image96

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

graceinus 3 years ago

Sid Kemp- Thank you for your answer. However I thought my question implies Jesus earthly minstry while He was a human being. I realize Jesus spoke many times after His resurrection to the desciples and much later to Saul/Paul.

Purpose Embraced profile image94

Yvette Stupart PhD (Purpose Embraced) says

graceinus 3 years ago

Purpose Emraced- I like your answer but may I also add to His purpose on earth was to spead the gospel of God's Kingdom. Many, many blessing to you

krillco profile image93

William E Krill Jr (krillco) says

graceinus 3 years ago

krillco- Yes, as a boy Jesus was at that temple for three daysand then add the 3 !/2 years. This time is recorded in the bible. Unrecorded teaching of Jesus is very possible in His lifetime. To my knowledge His ministry ended at the cross. Thank you.

Ronald Bachner profile image85

Ronald Bachner says

graceinus 3 years ago

Ronald- I very much agree- Thank you and blessings

the girls profile image84

the girls says

graceinus 3 years ago

the girls- Thank you for your answer. I am not questioning God's timing or His plans. I am wondering if there is any direct scripture(s) or verse(s) that might explain it that I am not aware of. I do welcome any answers on this subject.

brittvan22 profile image75

brittvan22 says

graceinus 3 years ago

brittvan22- I thank you for your answer and you are correct He did accomplish what God sent Him to do. And He did it perfectly. God Bless.

NikosM profile image61

NikosM says

graceinus 3 years ago

NikosM- The two witnesses described in Rev. 11 are also given 31/2 years. I don't know if they are connected, but it sure makes one wonder. Jesus is also describes in Rev 1:5 as a faithful witness. So, connection or not it makes me wonder. Thank you.