modernalchemyst profile image 95

Do you use amulets/talismans for spells? Do cheap amulets "work"?

First, do you use amulets and/or talismans in your spells, rituals, and for general purposes? Do you find some intentions more effective than others? Also, do you believe that the relatively cheap, mass-produced amulets that can be found in online pagan shops work as well as one of a kind, hand-crafted amulets? I'm curious as to what others think. I've always been of the impression that one Pentacle/Pentagram has the same protective effect as the next, but I wonder if that applies to other symbols as well.

NanLT profile image87

Nan (NanLT) says

MickS profile image74

MickS says

• modernalchemyst profile image

Josephine (modernalchemyst) 4 years ago

Well, I was talking mostly within the context of Paganism, so I personally believe our amulets "work" for us as well as a cross "works" for Christians, but thanks for commenting! :)

elenagarcia profile image75

Elena (elenagarcia) says

Copper Man says

• modernalchemyst profile image

Josephine (modernalchemyst) 4 years ago

Very good points! That's my suspicion as well, that it's not so much the materials but the personal perception of value that matters most.

LOL I certainly know many who don't use tools at all to practice! Thanks for your answer!

Rayne123 says

• modernalchemyst profile image

Josephine (modernalchemyst) 4 years ago

Thanks for your comment! I'm actually a pagan witch, so I have to respectfully disagree with you on spells being a way of calling out to evil. The vast majority of us simply work with the natural forces found in the world around us. :)