bstiltner77 profile image 73

Why are we so reluctant to acknowledge the fact that God not only quiets but sends the storm?

Although it often gets the shaft due to the manner in which it is often presented, the book of Jonah has much to teach us about God. In particular, we discover that God not only quiets the storms of life but at times chooses to send the storm as an act of his will. Nevertheless, this is a fact all too often shunned. Although I do believe much wisdom should be exercised before one credits calamity and distress to God, it's unfortunate when we dismiss the thought altogether. Simply said, the storms remind us that God loves us just the way we are and far too much to leave us that way. Your turn!

glynch1 profile image52

glynch1 says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

I always think of the movie "Forest Gump" when someone asks such a question or raises the topic. The guy was a disaster, yet so much good came of him. Captain Dan showed us all what to do with a storm. I can truly find triumph in all tragedy.

Lady Guinevere profile image59

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) says

• bstiltner77 profile image

Benny Stiltner (bstiltner77) 4 years ago

That is an interesting perspective and I do not mean to be contentious Lady Guinevere; however, I am often concerned when I hear the name of Jesus invoked in a context that fully undermines what He said according to Scripture. Your thoughts?

d.william profile image80

d.william says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

Beautiful, I will go today look for problems and turn them into resolutions. Thank d.

Deepes Mind says