savvydating profile image 81

"...call those things that be not as if they were." (Romans 4:17) Is this "tool" available to all?

Is this active Faith statement (of Romans 4:17) available to secularists, naturalists, Christians, or anyone? In other words, is this a built in "something" that all individuals have at their disposal to use as they wish? Even more specifically, is "calling that which we wish for" a subconscious power we all have? (Think Joseph Murphy) Or am I taking this verse out of context, in that God was speaking of his having raised the dead and given Abraham and Sarah a son in their old age? I could use some thoughts and/or clarification on this one.

renegadetory profile image92

Best Answer Carolyn Dahl (renegadetory) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 3 years ago

Hi renegadetory. I especially appreciate your last sentence. That is where I get tripped up - Law versus faith. Now I am beginning to see how I have made things needlessly complicated...by focusing on myself, as if I am required to be god...

Lady Guinevere profile image60

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 3 years ago

Hi Lady Guinevere. Given my question, I'm not sure where you meant to go with these lovely versus, as my question pertains to faith and whether we can call our desires into existence. Could you clarify?

Brenda Durham says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 3 years ago

Excellent answer, Brenda Durham. I have been struggling with the question of faith. Taken in context, it is the belief in God, plain and simple. Thank you.