Would you rather have degree in theology or understanding of God word through the Holy Spirit?

For myself I have no need nor desire for a degree in theology that is obtained from some university. Understanding and learning the word of God through personal study with the guidence of the Holy Spirit is and always will be enough for me. Studying the Bible in an unending task that I much enjoy.

celafoe profile image71

Best Answer charlie (celafoe) says

graceinus 3 years ago

celafoe- As I mentioned above I do prefer peraonal study of God word over sitting in a class room to earn a degree in theology. To me it allows for a more personal relationship with our Father. Thanks for your answer.

• celafoe profile image

charlie (celafoe) 3 years ago

you have confused me, what does all that mean to the question at hand?

IDONO profile image84

IDONO says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

IDONO, that is just about beautiful,,, ah hell it is! This comment is in my mind and will ride the journey with me. Just awesome friend. Merci Beau Coup.

C.V.Rajan profile image68

Disillusioned (C.V.Rajan) says

graceinus 3 years ago

C.V. Rajan- Many thanks for your answer. It's has my experience in personal study of God's word that it is far more enjoyable when led by the Holy Spirit. Again thank you.

graceinus 3 years ago

Eric- Whatever degree you may currently have I sure you feel the personal study is by far Most enjoyable and have far greater spiritual benifits. I'm sure that you find bible study more personal a enjoyable. Many thanks for your answer.

erorantes profile image35

Ana Maria Orantes (erorantes) says

graceinus 3 years ago

erorantes- Thank you for your comment. For some a degree in theology is important to them. I, personally, have no need for it. Again thank you.

graceinus 3 years ago

JTomos42- Many thanks as always for your answer. Blessings.