Does Jesus death on the cross to take away all sins include the sins of those who died before Jesus?

This is a question I have wondered about for sometime now. There seems to be verses in the bible that would give Yes or No answers to this question. However, could my understanding of the verses be taken out of context. I am looking for the right answer to this question.

jstfishinman profile image80

Bill Akers (jstfishinman) says

graceinus 3 years ago

jstfishinman- I understand what you are saying. However it does not explain the sins of the gentiles who lived and died before Jesus death on the cross. What of THEIR "atonement", if any.

christiananrkist says

graceinus 3 years ago

christiananrkist- Faith has a very important role in God's grace. There are many in this world, long past and present, that had/have no knowledge of His grace. One can not have faith in a gift (grace) that one does not know he has. Not all are saved.

graceinus 3 years ago

JTomps42- Just one question. What about the gentiles who died before Jesus? Thank you.

pelsicco profile image60

pelsicco says

graceinus 3 years ago

pelsicco- thanks for your answer.