The gospel means Good News, so what exactly is the good news Jesus brought?

The word gospel is misused by many Christians. And why do many christians misuse this word? Many think everything in the bible is the gospel. What gospel (good news) did Jesus bring and preach during His ministry? What exactly was His Gospel. And was there or is there any other true gospel? I can only think of two gospels. The Gospel of the Kingdom of God and the Gospel of Grace. Please provide scripture to support your answer.

MickeySr profile image86

Best Answer MickeySr says

whonunuwho profile image82

whonunuwho says

BuffaloGal1960 profile image80

T. Clifton (BuffaloGal1960) says

graceinus 4 years ago

BuffaloGal1960-I believe that the Gospel of the Kingdom is one of the important ones. The Books you mentioned I'm sure give clear exapmles of gospels that Jesus taught but mentioned by apostles. Thanks

joyce31202 profile image77

joyce31202 says

Ceegen profile image82

James (Ceegen) says

Abby Campbell profile image93

Abby Campbell says

graceinus 4 years ago

Abby- Thank you , I believe Luke 10:27 is very helpful.

• celafoe profile image

charlie (celafoe) 4 years ago

wow a DR. -and an ugh lawyer too-that and $5 will get you a cup of coffee anywhere- are we supposed to bow down to you now? your scripture from dr.eric1:1 , I guess, cant seem to find it in the real bible.

gospels? there is only one.

suzettenaples profile image89

Suzette Walker (suzettenaples) says

graceinus 4 years ago

suzettenaples- Many thanks for your answer. And I sure the list can go much longer. Blessings

Angele Parris profile image78

Angele Parris says

• celafoe profile image

charlie (celafoe) 16 months ago

what does any of this have to do with the good news that Jesus brought, tha twe are now able to enter the Kingdom of God?

Oscarlites profile image44

Oscar Jones (Oscarlites) says

graceinus 4 years ago

Oscarlites- Much of the Old Testament did describe Jesus. Not His name (Jesus) but what His actions and words would be. Thank you

wheatbaybay says

graceinus 4 years ago

wheatbaybay- Thank you for your answer.

starsofeight profile image60

Daniel L. Herring (starsofeight) says

graceinus 4 years ago

starsofeight- Great insight and I thank you for your answer.

celafoe profile image70

charlie (celafoe) says

graceinus 4 years ago

celafoe- I have mentioned in my question the the Gospel of the Kingdom, the Gospel of grace , but clearly I missed The Gospel of Jesu Christ as mentioned in Romans 15:25. But did Jesus highlight the Gospel of the Kingdom? Thanks.

WATERSTAR says

graceinus 4 years ago

JT- I'm sure John 3 :16 is one of the most qoutes verses of the four Gospels (first four books in the NT) . Many thanks JT.