MissMelissaK profile image 81

Do you think God cares if you have sex outside of marriage? Yes or no and why?

The reason I ask is because it is clearly stated in the Bible that sex outside of marriage is wrong, but today it's twisted by those who claim God wants us to be fruitful and multiply so sex is not a sin or that adultery pertains only to married people so single Christians can do it. One Christian boldly stated "It's not like you're going to burn in hell." And a pastor recently stated that faith is not about being "good". If you read Romans Chapter 2, it's very important to be good and obedient to God. So many different takes on faith that it can definitely turn into a slippery slope.

Eunice Stuhlhofer profile image59

Best Answer Eunice Stuhlhofer says

Norine Williams 2 years ago

"It's not the physical that's important but the spiritual which is more real than what we see with our eyes." Amen! "Do you not know that fornicators will not inherit the kingdom of God?" I Cor 6:9

tlmcgaa70 profile image78

tlmcgaa70 says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 4 years ago

Wow! Very true and refreshing! God is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow. He never changes!! It's true if we say we love God and do not obey him, the truth is not in us. Jesus even said he will spit out lukewarm followers.1 John 2:15-16 ESV

PoeticFailosophy profile image60

Diana F. King-Fyre :: DECEASED, 1962-2014, Rest in Peace (PoeticFailosophy) says

taburkett profile image60

taburkett says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 4 years ago

Excellent! The enemy finds every crack and crevice in our day to day lives to destroy us. All it takes is one "sin", big or small, to do a lot of damage with severe consequences. Staying in God's Word on a daily basis is very important!

Billie Kelpin profile image88

Billie Kelpin says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 4 years ago

Thank you for your honesty. I am not offended. I also chose my path to abstain and when I met the man I felt was the ONE and gave in, he dumped me shortly thereafter and left me BITTER. He married the very next girl he met a few months after me. :

wingedcentaur profile image86

William Thomas (wingedcentaur) says

DDE profile image23

Devika Primić (DDE) says

Rayne123 says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 4 years ago

Well said. I'm not perfect, but the closer I get to God, I feel that its very wrong. God calls us to be good and obedient. If you slip up, and repent that's one thing, but if you sin as if it didn't matter because Jesus has you covered, that's sad

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 4 years ago

So for those Christians who have sex outside of marriage with no repentance, the blood of Christ covers them? So basically, you can sin with ease and be rest assured knowing you'll be saved by Jesus? Really? No call for obedience?