Siddharth Mohan profile image 59

Why usually fasting is the way to make GOD happy?

i'm an atheist but I respect all the cultures I love to observe new rituals.But one thing that always bothers me is that in most of the religions WHY IS FASTING A WAY TO MAKE GOD HAPPY ?? I mean if u believe in god then why would DEITIES be pleased TO SEE HIS/HER FOLLOWERS HUNGRY or THIRSTY . . and sometimes this fasting can last for days. Doesn't this give a sadist touch to the concept of GOD ??

Dan Barfield profile image80

Dan Barfield says

Deborah Sexton says

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 3 years ago

Good one, Deborah. Being more spiritual is all about being humble (denying ego, the source of separateness and selfishness).

christiananrkist says