Harishprasad profile image 79

Are we awareness or consciousness as separate from our bodies ?

There is this vast difference between us humans and animals that they are perhaps not aware of their past, present or future plight in the sense that we perceive in our minds. Sometimes, it comes to my mind that is this awareness or consciousness not our real selves ? We are oblivious of it and concentrate on all aspects relating to body only. We rarely give attention to it and the way it works. As a result, we come under the spell of what all our body experiences. All religious thought is also directed to this abstract thing called self or spirit. Is this spirit or self caged in our bodies?

mintinfo profile image77

Best Answer mintinfo says

• Harishprasad profile image

Harish Mamgain (Harishprasad) 3 years ago

Mintinfo, this is the answer I anticipated but it is very remarkable that this is the first one and very appropriate and contains everything that appeals to my concsience. Having such a wisdom is very rare, friend. I salute you and many thanks to you

• Harishprasad profile image

You are right that our spirit,soul or self ,whatever we call it , is asleep. We have to awaken it. You agree the separateness of the self from the body. lone77star, I really relish your answers that originate from a repository of wisdom and insight.

Tusitala Tom profile image83

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

• Harishprasad profile image

Tusitala Tom,you have pointed out two extraordinary experiences, one is astral travel and the other is identification of self as whole in deep meditation. Indian thought revolves around these two. You want to say that everything is whole and not many