Harishprasad profile image 84

Can an enlightened being be assumed as God in the likeness of God Himself ?

As per life stories of some enlightened beings ( Indian ), it is generally assumed that they are gods ( Bhagwans). In Sanskrit, an enlightened being authoritatively says," I am God ," ( Aham Brahma Asmi ). Now this is something very bizzarre and mind boggling. If someone asks such an enlightened being to tell what is happening in other part of the world beyond the place they are present now, they cannot answer it. So how can they be like All Knowing God. This phenomenon is as weird as to assume Jesus as one 's saviour for one's sins and to be saved thus. Can someone explain it all ?

amer786 profile image83

Best Answer amer786 says

• Harishprasad profile image

Harish Mamgain (Harishprasad) 4 years ago

amer786, thanks for your very sane answer and I am of the view that if God at all takes an human form,then that human form will exhibit everything exactly as attributes of God and no sadhna of any kind is required for such an entity.

Mr. Happy profile image83

Mr. Happy says

• Harishprasad profile image

Mr.Happy, thank you very much for your response. As you put it,perspective of I am God is attainable but the person who attains such an state remains a human and cannot be called as God as you truly said entering god form. It is not becoming God.

C.V.Rajan profile image76

Disillusioned (C.V.Rajan) says

• Harishprasad profile image

C V , if you are saying this, I can assume it as true because you are fortunate enough to have holy company of one such enlightened being Maa Amritaanandmayee. Still I am curious to know from more. Thank you very much.