RBJ33 profile image 61

I'm confused about praying for someone's recovery after a tragedy. Why do we do that?

If God has a plan for each of us, is his plan for that 17 year old girl to get shot in the head, point blank with a shot gun? Then what is the purpose for praying to that same God for her recovery? The shooter is evil, controlled by the devil. Is evil, and satan stronger than God? Will they always win out, like at Columbine, and Newton, and the theater in Aurora? Was that God's plan for all those people killed and injured?

Old Poolman profile image83

Mike (Old Poolman) says

• RBJ33 profile image

RBJ33 3 years ago

OP - hope you are well. I just cannot accept the whole "god's will," "mysterious ways," etc excuses. They are cop outs.

rayasa profile image81

Arun Ramchandramurthy (rayasa) says

• RBJ33 profile image

RBJ33 3 years ago

Thanks rayasa - most all of our bible thumping Christians disagree with Bhagavad Gita. They say God has a plan for all of us, that our lives are in his hands. It's this Christian belief I challenge with my question.