Ericdierker profile image 73

Church as infalible.

Can a group of people really claim to be infallible? This comes from the Catholic Catechism which I am studying for the (I really only know more that 6) time: Although individual members of the Church can err and even make serious mistakes, the Church as a whole can never fall away from God's truth. Well I am sorry. Yes it can. And if you do not believe me look to the inquisitions and crusades and modern wealth as opposed to saving lives. Believe me I want a church that gives all and loves in Christ's nature but statements like these made in 2013 are a problem. "the Church never erred"?

grand old lady profile image87

Mona Sabalones Gonzalez (grand old lady) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

I am not Catholic but I am catholic and my proposition is directly from catechism which I was charged in teaching as an ordinariate. "Church" infallibility is doctrine. Individuals within the church can fail.

retief2000 says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

Today our lives are filled with phone ques and corporate matters. No one is anyone but a number. Notions of infallibility are best left for dark ages.

I read you loud and clear retief2000 but who accepts responsibility. It is a "never me but....".