Jackie Lynnley profile image 79

Do you believe in chastisement from God as a Christian?

If so; what forms or sorts of punishment do you think are brought on Christians who are misbehaving? If the chastised do not recognize the chastisement then how can it help them or will the punishment just be their bit to pay because there is no judgement in heaven? Does this also have to do with how Jesus always said, "Go and sin no more." after healing people?

lambservant profile image93

Lori Colbo (lambservant) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Above and beyond the call of duty LS. I will never argue against the word of God. I would love to have a really in depth study and discussion on this. Look in the bible times just what all Jesus healed these people of and said "Go and sin no more."

craiglyn profile image87

Lynda (craiglyn) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

I respect your views Lynda even if I do see it differently. I do believe God is a forgiving God but if one does not change from a wrong path to ask His forgiveness then I believe that person will not get what he didn't want. We have a choice I believ

liftandsoar profile image82

Frank P. Crane (liftandsoar) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Well, it does say chastisement and discipline and I really do not see the difference. Something not pleasant is going to result for us disobeying our Father. When we get too technical how can we teach those that may learn a valuable lesson?

justthemessenger profile image83

James C Moore (justthemessenger) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

True and the scriptures that say it is 'better to marry than to burn' etc; give us a little insight as to what sin will reap us too, don't you agree?