MissMelissaK profile image 88

Is it true that ONLY the ELECT as in the CHOSEN people will be saved?

I have an ongoing debated with a friend of mine and I disagree with her premise. I believe God loves ALL people. He wants ALL people to be saved and not JUST the ELECT or shall we say CHOSEN. I have a hard time struggling with her point because in my heart I believe God loves all people and by giving us his gift of Jesus sacrifice, we choose to accept or deny him, otherwise it wouldn't be love. It would be predetermined and cold, which is not love at all. Any thoughts on this?? In my defense I turn to Romans 3:22. "...And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are."

wba108@yahoo.com profile image82

wba108@yahoo.com says

tlmcgaa70 profile image66

tlmcgaa70 says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 2 years ago

That's beautiful. I feel that if you love God, you will desire to obey his commandments. It is not for what you can get but rather for whom you love. I feel ALL humans slip up and thank God we have a redeemer in Jesus Christ our Lord to forgive us

Perspycacious profile image78

Demas W Jasper (Perspycacious) says

• tlmcgaa70 profile image

tlmcgaa70 2 years ago

this is not biblical

Chris Remmie profile image80

Chris Remmie says

• Chris Remmie profile image

Chris Remmie 2 years ago

I had much more to say, but I ran out of space. I just want to say that we believe because He enabled us to believe. God elects people to believe in Him. His election is an act of mercy and grace to ill-deserving sinners.

celafoe profile image70

charlie (celafoe) says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 2 years ago

Ahhhh good point. Thank you for sharing that.

isaacnunoofio says

• celafoe profile image

charlie (celafoe) 2 years ago

and you see it correctly.

SirDent says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 2 years ago

I like your answer. Thank you. It makes sense.