MissMelissaK profile image 89

Do you think the ENEMY attacks us by making us want what we cannot have?

Fate gives us what we have whether we like it or not. Whether we have plenty or little, it is our fate. Do you think satan tortures those who long for what they cannot have? Do you think he is happy to have you see the man who ripped your heart into shreds prosper? Why do I ask? Because the pain is hard to stomach sometimes. A shaking suffocating tearful pain. It's not warranted but it is what it is and it hurts like hell and I can only trust God and surrender those emotions to the Lord. That's all I can do at this point. Chapter 6:1-2 in Ecclesiastes is very helpful in helping me to cope.

MissMelissaK profile image89

MissMelissaK says

• tlmcgaa70 profile image

tlmcgaa70 3 years ago

amen! i am so glad you found the peace GOD offers all HIS children. (((HUGZ)))

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

Thank you so much. You're very wise.

• tlmcgaa70 profile image

tlmcgaa70 3 years ago

ah, but satan DOES care for himself. the bible tells us he is like a roaring lion and knows his time is short. if satan did not care about himself he would not care that his time was short. he would not have rebelled in the first place.

Penny G profile image78

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

Verry good point. No matter who you are, what you do, or where you're at, you are faced with some sort of challenge. ;-)

The Stages Of ME profile image82

The Stages Of ME says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

Thank you so much.

Sri T profile image80

Sri T (the mystic) (Sri T) says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

I don't know what to say. Now I'm even more confused. I feel that God does say no sometimes to what we ask for. He either says yes, no or wait. He does not grant us everything we ask for and maybe we should be thankful for just that but it's hard

tlmcgaa70 profile image67

tlmcgaa70 says

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

Thank you. I know God loves ALL people. I have to work through my bitterness in order to forgive him. Psalm 37 helps. I pray that God gives me a discerning forgiving transformed heart. I'm only hurting myself.

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

Thanks.I feel that this is a lesson I must learn.I will reap what I sow. If I sowed sin, I will reap the consequences one way or another.We all will. I just didn't expect the pain to hit me so hard 8 years later. He's forgotten all about me by now.

Deborah Sexton says