What is your opinion on war?

What conditions do you believe should be met in order to justify a war? Or do you believe that war should never be an option? My Dad had a quote on the subject of war. " Only those who have lived through it can understand that nothing is more bitter than the taste of war."

Edward J. Palumbo profile image92

Best Answer Edward J. Palumbo says

graceinus 2 years ago

Edward- Thank you for your well thought out answer.I believe we all look for the day when conflicts are no longer human nature. And the bible verse is well placed. Again thanks.

graceinus 2 years ago

ChristinS- Acts of genocide, I believe , is a war in and of itself. It's a shame that it would take a war to end a war. Thank you for your input.

Penny G profile image78

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

graceinus 2 years ago

Penny G- Thank you very much for your answer. I have never heard it put that way before. But you may have a point.

graceinus 2 years ago

manatita44- You made a very strong point. Many thanks for your answer.

Dave36 says

graceinus 2 years ago

Dave36- Thank you. I do agree that big business make alot of money before, during and after war. This holds true throughout history. WWII is a good example of this. But WWII is also an example of evil vs. good in which the good did not ask for.

graceinus 2 years ago

lone77star- Regardless of any reason for armed conflict we must realize there has never been nor ever will be such a thing as a good war. But good may, at times, result from it. I do believe the war in Rev 20:7-9 will be the very last war. Thank you.