bethperry profile image 88

Why do Hollywood journalists/writers seem often eager to condemn the Church of Scientology yet...

demonstrate such reluctance to condemn truly brutal "religions"? I am not a follower of the COS nor do I plan to ever become one, but from what I've learned of them, they certainly don't have an agenda of forcing their beliefs on everyone else. All the same, it seems that Hollywood writers often go to great lengths to rag on this one religious organization, while voicing noticeably scant condemnation for "religious" organizations that routinely kill, dismember, brutalize and seek to destroy believers of other faiths. What are your thoughts on this?

recappers delight profile image87

Best Answer recappers delight says

• bethperry profile image

bethperry 2 years ago

recappers delight, I think there is truth in what you said about being a newer religion. Thanks much!

lisavollrath profile image88

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

Sri T profile image79

Sri T (the mystic) (Sri T) says

• bethperry profile image

bethperry 2 years ago

Sri T, well that sure doesn't sound like a very friendly way to recruit members! I am guessing then some of the Hollywood journalists that dog them in the press have had personal experience with the church and these methods?

Lybrah says

• bethperry profile image

bethperry 2 years ago

Lybrah, as an author I have to wonder about L.Ron Hubbard's sanity when it comes to the formation of COS - I can't fathom creating a religion out of one of my own fantasy novels.But I do know a couple of COS folks & they haven't tried to convert