aguasilver profile image 87

Why do atheists spend so much time thinking and debating about God?

I mean why spend time over something they say they do not believe exists? I don't believe in global warming, maybe a wrote a hub sometime explaining why, but then I moved on. Before I came to faith, I never gave God a thought, why would I, why would any non believer? So what's the fascination with something you don't believe exists?

Asa2141 profile image84

Best Answer Asa Schneidermann (Asa2141) says

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 2 years ago

Did it ever occur to you that atheists don't believe in Zeus, Thor, Osiris, etc...either? Do you believe in these gods? If not...you are an atheist. Also, Christianity is dominant here in the west...of course it will receive the main criticism.

• cjhunsinger profile image

cjhunsinger 2 years ago

peeples

Very insightful and well stated/

JMcFarland profile image91

Julie McFarland (JMcFarland) says

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 2 years ago

Excellent answer.

• aguasilver profile image

John Harper (aguasilver) 2 years ago

"an atheist might want to talk about it so as to spread awareness"

As in evangelising to gain converts you mean?.... just like any other 'religion', except it's a religion of disbelief!

cjhunsinger profile image70

cjhunsinger says

• aguasilver profile image

John Harper (aguasilver) 2 years ago

Well the only involvement I see mandated in scripture is to pray for those in authority and trust that God allows the right person to rule.

We get the rulers we deserve.

Best pray for the right ones, with wisdom, virtue and honesty.

Aime F profile image84

Aime (Aime F) says

Old-Empresario profile image61

Old-Empresario says

• aguasilver profile image

John Harper (aguasilver) 2 years ago

Well when I was an atheist, I treated anybody on my doorstep selling something equally, I stated my lack of need, thanked them and said goodbye, never thinking of them again, unless I found I needed their product.

Rachael Tate profile image81

Rachael Tate says

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 2 years ago

Well put, Rachael. Welcome to Hubpages.

aguasilver profile image87

John Harper (aguasilver) says

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 2 years ago

What you seem not to understand is that most atheists and agnostics don't "refuse to believe" a god exists. They by default remain so because the evidence for a specific god is low or non-existent. Why don't you believe in Allah?

Aniket Lawand profile image76

Aniket Lawand says

editionh says

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 2 years ago

What do you mean by peace of mind as an agnostic?

Link10103 profile image80

Link10103 says

JThomp42 2 years ago

The dominant religion in the WORLD and the United states is Christianity.

jonnycomelately profile image85

Alan (jonnycomelately) says

• aguasilver profile image

John Harper (aguasilver) 2 years ago

Johnny, being a Christian is defined by John 3 16:19, and believing that you are 100% right is essential to the choice believers make.

By that criteria, you must be considered wrong by ANY believer in Yeshua, but it should make no difference to you.