lambservant profile image 93

How does a Christian handle someone who takes credit for something you worked hard to create?

A friend and I are a comedy team. We're just getting started and did a skit and sang a song we wrote at a local fundraiser. We were a big hit, especially the song. The song was set to the tune of another song, but the lyrics we wrote. Another gal is now singing it around the community (which is fine, it's to share with the community) but someone said she is taking credit for writing the song. I am a Christian and want to handle this in a Christlike manner. I have not talked with her yet. If I ask her about it and she denies it, should I make a deal of it or let it go?

Carola Finch profile image96

Carola Finch says

• lambservant profile image

Lori Colbo (lambservant) 2 years ago

Thanks Carola, good things to consider.

allpurposeguru profile image89

David Guion (allpurposeguru) says

• lambservant profile image

Lori Colbo (lambservant) 2 years ago

allpurpose, forgiveness is not an issue. If she is doing what the other person says, I don't think it will cause a grudge. If it should I definitely know whom to go to for that as you said. This is not a legal matter either as I don't hold a copyrigh

Link10103 profile image79

Link10103 says

cjhunsinger profile image68

cjhunsinger says

• lambservant profile image

Lori Colbo (lambservant) 2 years ago

cj, thanks for answering. I do appreciate your input. It never occurs to me to think one person, let alone one people group is superior or better than another.