Donald Ogba profile image 77

What was the essence of God saying: "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased"?

If Jesus was truly God's Son, and the incidence of his baptism true, what was the essence of the voice from heaven declaring him a Son God is pleased with? Does it mean him getting baptized transformed him from "human" to the "God Son" he was intended to be, now God the Father is pleased with him? I came across a writing that makes it appear Jesus wasn't the character at the center of the incidence described in Matthew 3:13-17; Mark 1:9-11; Luke 3:21-22. But, one of the disciples, who God needed to reassure of his rightful place in the cosmos. If Jesus is God, what's the "pleased" all about?

• Donald Ogba profile image

Obinna Donald Ogba (Donald Ogba) 3 years ago

Thanks for this detailed alternative inspiration. It wasn't what I was looking for, but it did something new for me. It's interesting how you refer to him as The Christ and not Christ. It's different from the way I have always looked at him.