cjhunsinger profile image 70

Is the capacity to reason only found in Atheists?

"God said it, therefore, I believe it." This is the mantra of the deity believer, whether one believes that an omnipotent turtle carries the earth on it's back or a god who would create an inferior life form for the purposes of testing. One god wants his followers to cut off peoples heads and the other was content just to burn them alive. At what point does the human being accept the fact that gods equal bias, prejudice and hatred?

• cjhunsinger profile image

cjhunsinger 2 years ago

I am talking about the ability to utilize the human talent of reason in the determination of the existence of supernatural deities.

jlpark profile image89

Jacqui (jlpark) says

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 2 years ago

A superior use of reason, JL. Very nice.

• cjhunsinger profile image

cjhunsinger 2 years ago

lone--You speak of ego, but you are bragging about a 139 IQ. Challenge my viewpoint, challenge my conclusions, but you do not. You prefer to demean rather then intellectually engage. Show me where I am wrong and back it up.

ZxRed profile image83

Red Dash (ZxRed) says

• cjhunsinger profile image

cjhunsinger 2 years ago

zx--Everyone has the talent to draw a picture, but not all are equal. Because one owns a piano, is he an accomplished pianist? The ability to reason is not equal or exercised equally. that is the point.

Aime F profile image84

Aime (Aime F) says

Nicole Winter profile image59

Nicole A. Winter (Nicole Winter) says

• cjhunsinger profile image

cjhunsinger 2 years ago

Nicole--You assume to much and I am sure you understand the spelling. The belief in deities is unreasonable regardless of any other exercise of reason.

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

JT - any1 with access to Google knows Jim Jones was religious, Jeffery Dahmer had a personality disorder. Not sure the point of the list

Being an atheist doesn't make 1 evil, 1's actions do. Atheists + religious alikehas their fair share of evil