jlpark profile image 90

If you were wrong, would you admit it?

In discussions on HP or in life if you wish - if you were wrong, particularly in a discussion where you and another normally disagree. Would you admit it and apologise or go on with the facade? If you were the person apologised to - would you lord it over them or merely acknowledge and leave it? Remember this is if it was with someone with whom you generally disagree quite vehemently

Aime F profile image84

Best Answer Aime (Aime F) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

Thanks for your answer. By apology I meant 'I was wrong, my apologies' type thing but this interpretation has garnered more thought so I'm happy!

Arachnea profile image85

Tanya Jones (Arachnea) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

True true. However, not everyone seems to think as you do when actually in conversation!

Link10103 profile image80

Link10103 says

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 2 years ago

It's a mark of maturity to recognize and accept that you don't know every answer. This is how reasonable people think. Religious fundamentalists "answer" every difficult answer with unprovable claims. This way, they think they are never proven wrong.

JThomp42 2 years ago

My answer exactly!