Ericdierker profile image 80

What scripture is their to support Evangelism?

It seems just assumed that every Christian is supposed to go out and gain converts. Because I see so many do it so poorly, I thought it would be good to learn what scripture motivates the evangelical here on HP. I use the term "evangelical" in the loose sense not the name of a church group. I hope to be enlightened.

JessicaSideways profile image84

Jessica Sideways (JessicaSideways) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 2 years ago

I like your handle for here on HP. Sideways conjures up all kinds of notions. Is it opposed to "straightforward"? Anyhow thanks for your answer it is always good to get diverse comments even off the question topic.

JMcFarland profile image91

Julie McFarland (JMcFarland) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 2 years ago

Interesting as that is at the very end of Mathew and is really his instruction to the twelve. I guess that gets bootstrapped to mean all Christians should follow this teaching. Hmm. Some should not in my opine. "all the nations" seems instructional.

no body profile image89

Robert E Smith (no body) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 2 years ago

I do not know you but will remember your name Robert. A wonderful group of remembrances of scripture. May we all be blessed to love and live them more fully.