Say Yes To Life profile image 87

Could religions merely be a precursor to modern science?

I've noticed a lot of people here have become atheists / agnostics by STUDYING the Bible. It seems they got that way by knowing too much about Christianity. I've been looking into other world religions; they all attempt to explain how the world works, and how to best live in it. Could it be that all religions are merely precursors to modern scientific discoveries? Some beliefs have proven true, others false. Maybe eventually we'll all become atheists, except for those who cling to old beliefs because of fear of the unknown?

Best Answer Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) says

• Tusitala Tom profile image

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) 2 years ago

Excellent Lone77Star - you're right on

ThompsonPen profile image82

Nicola Thompson (ThompsonPen) says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) 2 years ago

When my brother brought me here to Hawaii, I went to a Hawaiian culture presentation on Mauna Kea. The kumu was telling about Madames Pele and Poli'ahu riding their sleds to make trenches there. It sounded like stories from the Bible.

cjhunsinger profile image70

cjhunsinger says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 2 years ago

I hope we are experiencing a fundamental change in the way that religion is viewed. Religion is closely tied to science, politics, philosophy and art among other things. A "supreme" being just doesn't answer our questions well enough.

Tusitala Tom profile image90

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Excellent point. I will add that some religions are atheist. Confucianism is. So is Jainism in a way, even though they believe in gods; they simply do not worship them.

Maria Antonia profile image61

Maria Antonia says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

You're welcome. In my case, the SDA church is a lot like Jews, and they're focused on healthy living. Science has proven much of it true. Where it has proven false, we're expected to stick to the religion anyway. That makes no sense to me.